Training Amigo is an app that lets users compete in virtual fitness challenges with people across the globe
Training Amigo is an app that lets users compete in virtual fitness challenges with people across the globe. It allows users to earn wellness points by syncing their fitness devices to a Health Kit, like the Apple watch, Fitbit and Garmin and others, to track their activity. Users also have the option to redeem the points that they earn to get discounts and prizes.
Surpassing milestones helps users unlock new discounts and prizes. By using the social features that are on Training Amigo, users can motivate other amigos across the globe. One of the unique features is that people can use this app to locate local health professionals and coaches.
Our designers work with you to define every feature, screen, and user flow
Receive product builds every two-weeks as we add features
We analyze user feedback to help you prioritize new features
- The app should be capable of getting daily activities data from the users like Steps, Distance, and Calories.
- The client wanted us to pull in the activities data from third-party devices such as iOS Health Kit and provide actionable insights using that data.
- Required cross compatibility of data from different devices such as Fitbit, Jawbone, Health App, Withings, and Apple Watch.
- We integrated various third-party applications such as Fitbit, Jawbone and Withings using oAuth. We also integrated Apple Health Kit APIs to fetch data from iOS health app.
- The features of the product include health screenings, preventive health care education, engagement features like connecting with other users and participating in wellness contests. Technically and operationally there were some challenges but our team overcame them all successfully.
- Based on our work, Training Amigo successfully completed four rounds of funding.